Monday, September 29, 2008

First Day N Stuff

(Nick speaking) Alright, I realize that I have given little love to this blog, so now here I go (I’m so excited to be entering the 21st century club). First off, some things must be said about the differences between Kyle and my living situation. Most notably, I live in the GHET! However, it’s pretty chill because ghetto Koreans are really friendly. They also, put open air markets outside the alley that’s supposed to be the front of your house where you can buy bomb, cheap, and fresh fruits/veggies. Meanwhile, Richie Rich lives in the Carlton, and actually has some Western restaurants down the street from his place… This should have been expected though.

I must give some love to the fellow teachers at my school for they are extremely helpful and accommodating. Communicating with them is a little rough because neither of us speak English (if you’ve ever talked to me over the phone, you know what I’m talking about). They took me out to a grub McBombi 6 course lobster dinner. Although most of it was raw, the food just kept coming! It was epic (Arthur, You Mad like 1000000000 times). We’re rolling to Seoul on Wednesday, so we’ll see how that turns out. I heard there’s actually other western people there, and maybe I’ll be able to speak normal English to someone other than Kyle (what a treat!).

I had my first day of class today. The kids are really cute and fun, especially when they put on little aprons to serve you lunch at your desk (we had soup, cucumbers, kimchi, rice, and fried chicken; Arthur, You Mad). I had six classes cycle through the course of the day today. It was a little draining day, but ended at 2:30pm so I couldn’t complain too much. I also, ran into Kyle’s handsome problem. Everyone (teachers and kids, both male and female) keeps coming up to you and telling you that you’re handsome. It’s a trip! Also, when you’re walking down the hallways every kid tries to shake your hand. Needless to say, you give about 200 hand shakes in one day, and are dying to wash your hands every two minutes (def. the germaphobe inside of me). All in all, it was a pretty great day.

I got to get to bed now because I’m supposed to bring some workout gear to school tomorrow so I can ball up some 6th graders on the soccer field.

No comments: