Monday, February 16, 2009

Hostel Stay

On my second night's stay in Hong Kong, I decided to go the cheaper route when it came to my accommodations. On the island of Kowloon (off of Jordan Road) there are several large buildings that are filled with hostels or guest houses. My pick was "USA Hostel" because of my obvious need to rep the homeland. USA Hostel's main "office" (a janky table and woman with a fanny pack full of money and keys) was in Mirador Mansion on the 11th floor, however my room was in Chung King Mansion (a block away) on the 17th floor. The "maid" was saying that the sheets of my bed had not yet been changed because she was unable to squeeze the bed out and turn it. In my head, this was hard to imagine. I couldn't figure why she wouldn't be able to simply lift the mattress out from its side. I soon found out the reason. The room is the size of the bed. After assisting the staff in switching the mattresses between my room and room #5. I was all set.
The whole experience of my stay was quite humorous in comparison to most any other place I've been accomodated in BUT the point that I would like to make is that everything served its purpose just fine. I saved a good amount of money and was able to sleep in a bed with a roof over it....exactly what I needed. There was no chocolate on my pillow but other than that, no complaints. 5 stars.









Old school pull tab.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, writing from the USA Hostels in the States. Just want to make sure that people do not think the two are related. Who knew we'd have to trademark overseas?