Monday, November 3, 2008

Classroom

(Kyle Speaking) So I finally was able to make a decision on a camera to buy and thus I am just now enabled to take pictures of my neck of the woods. This set of photographs are of my classroom on the fifth floor of Cheon Cheon Elementary School in Suwon. Enjoy:

This is a view out one of the windows of my classroom. One block past the four-way stop is my apartment. My commute to work takes around 2 minutes and 36 seconds on foot. Just wait till I get my heelies though...


This is a view directly out the same window as before. I believe that is a pre-school across the street which would make 4 Cheon Cheon schools all touching nearly the same block. (high school, middle school, elementary school, and pre-school).

My desk.....aka where the boss dog sits. The kids don't call it that, I call it that.


My room has been designed to have several areas that mimic real life scenarios. For example this Hospital/Pharmacy and the restaurant behind it.


Cheon Cheon Airport, which apparently, according to all the kids has beefed up its security since the 9/11 attacks.


This is a view from the back of the class. There are six tables total, seating 7 children each. Do the math.



This is a view from the front of the class. If you look closely, you can see the two murals on both the left and right hand sides of the picture that completely epitomize the English language. The changing of the guard in London and the downtown Manhattan skyline including the twin towers. Mind you, this school was built in 2002. Never forget!

No comments: